Full-stack engineer (mid-level to senior)
About the role
PhishFort is looking to find a talented full-stack developer to take on the continued development of core systems including but not limited to detection infrastructure, incident processing, internal tools and customer facing web apps.
While working at PhishFort, some of the things you may possibly do include:
- Build a diverse range of solutions to detect, process and aid in takedown of existing threats on the internet. Including but not limited to web-scraping and API integrations.
- Be expected to work autonomously, make key decisions on how to approach complex problems. There will always be multiple ways to approach a problem, and you will be expected to make the most value-conscious choice between them. This is an engineering role, not a coding role.
- Expanding existing APIs to add additional functionality.
- Engaging with various stakeholders in some degree of requirements gathering or feedback.
- Interacting and meeting with multiple industry-leading partners to expand our detection, threat intelligence and takedown capabilities.
- Possibly implementing user-facing front-ends as both plain web pages and browser plugin views, internal tools for analysts or other operations.
- Building and updating user interfaces according to a design specification or feedback.
- Optimizing the performance footprint of various PhishFort systems.
- Degree in computer science or engineering (good academic performance will be advantageous). Demonstrably-equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience with the development of full-stack web apps and process pipelines.
- Experience in the fields of cybersecurity, threat intelligence would be advantageous.
- Experience in the field of cryptocurrency will be a slight advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written English proficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn (technology is constantly evolving, and so should we).
- An attitude of ownership and pride in your work.
- Attention to detail (quality of code over quantity of tickets).
- A value-driven approach to development, rather than plan-fulfillment.
- The ability to find solutions in collaborative consultation with business, engineering, and relevant stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of basic web principles and technologies, including HTML & CSS, HTTP requests, caching, DNS, CORS, etc.
- An understanding of popular cloud services. Experience with Firebase (or other GCP services) and/or AWS would be advantageous.
PhishFort’s tech stack
Below is an overview of the tech that the PhishFort engineering team uses to build its products:
- Front-end frameworks: Mainly React or NextJS where possible. There are two exceptions which are Vue and AngularJS (legacy product being phased out).
- Back-end frameworks: Lots of Serverless Framework on AWS. Occasional use of Google Cloud Functions.
- Cloud: Firebase, other Google Cloud services, AWS, Vercel, Heroku, Vercel.
- GitHub and GitHub Actions for CI/CD.
- Planning done on ClickUp, internal communication via Discord.
- Work with people from around the world - our people live in Azerbaijan, Argentina, Bali, Nepal, South Africa, Ukraine, and more.
- Remuneration denominated in US dollars.
- 100% remote, time-zone flexible. Work from home, work from anywhere.
- A small but growing team means that your influence has a big impact.
- A real-world impact: PhishFort already has an impact on the security posture of over 400 million monthly active users, your work will most likely directly impact this.
- A mission that is inherently good - PhishFort’s objective is to ultimately make the internet a safer place.
We are building an international team of people with diverse backgrounds, and equally diverse skill sets. We believe that this has an impact on improving the quality of the important work that we do. The PhishFort team now numbers over 30 people split between anti-phishing operations, engineering, marketing, and legal.
We’re big believers in autonomy, which goes hand-in-hand with the fully-remote nature of our business. We believe in providing a stimulating work environment that is both challenging and broad. Growth is possible in just about every direction; we aim to help our team become the best version of ourselves by providing them the freedom to explore and take on challenges that they feel drawn to.